Hey dudes! For those of you who don't include meat in your diets (and even those who do!) you've gotta try out our Black Bean & Quinoa Burgers! They're healthy, easy to make and more importantly, delicious!
- 1/2 C. (60g) Onion (finely diced)
- 1 large (42g) Jalapeño (seeded and finely diced)
- 1t. Oil
- 1/2 t. Cumin
- 1 C. (86g) Carrot (finely shredded)
- 1 clove (15g) Garlic (minced) or 1 heaping T.
- 1 C. (173g) Quinoa (cooked)
- 1 15oz. (432g) Can Black Beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2T. (23g) Roasted Pepita seeds (minced) or Sunflower seeds
- 1T. (5ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/4 C. (15g) Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 C. (30g) Cheddar cheese (grated)
Drain and rinse your Black beans and set aside.
In a bowl, mash your Black beans loosely. (You can still have some whole beans)
Add the rest of your ingredients....seeds, Worcestershire, salt, breadcrumbs and cheese (optional)
Stir it up well. You'll notice it becomes like a stiff dough.
Form into approximately Five 3/4 C. (141g) patties.
Flip! (Carefully, these have a softer texture than meat)
Fry another 4 to 5 minutes until heated through and golden brown.
Serve on your favorite bun with condiments or on a bed of lettuce.
These are DELICIOUS! Enjoy!
5 Patties per Recipe
Each Pattie is 3/4 c. (141g)
One Pattie with Cheese:
- Cal. 165
- Fat. 5g
- Carbs 24g
- Sugar. 2g
- Protein 8g
One Pattie without Cheese:
- Cal. 139
- Fat. 2g
- Carb. 24g
- Sugar. 2g
- Protein. 6g